YouCraft SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please read!

Please sign up with your

Minecraft Username.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:54 pm
Latest topics
» Ablockz shutting down :'(
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:30 pm by _TheFireWolf_

» Youcraft Server
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 pm by jacobdynomite

» YouCraft Shutting down
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:51 am by Vvfj

» YouCraft SMP (So close from finishing)
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:38 am by Stuwie

» New spawn!
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 pm by Stuwie

» Spawn's coming along
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 am by Stuwie

» ITS HERE!!ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:46 pm by Tom

» Server will be down! *30/10/2013*
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:38 am by Stuwie

» I've decided something.
I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 am by Stuwie

Top posters
Stuwie
I've decided something. I_vote_lcapI've decided something. I_voting_barI've decided something. I_vote_rcap 
Vvfj
I've decided something. I_vote_lcapI've decided something. I_voting_barI've decided something. I_vote_rcap 
Tom
Liz
SimoneGirl92
purpledragon011
Dalienfail
jonbear99
gretest_boy
ShadowSneaker360

I've decided something.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

I've decided something. Empty
PostSubject: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 am

Getting Mini games and stuff is hard work, and to play them you need the right amount of people, let's say prop hunt. You need about 10 or more to have a decent game, but is YouCraft gonna get that many people on, that some of them are gonna play Prop hunt?. I've been on a few server's lately, even TitanCraft (creaters of iBuild). They do mini games and hardly get enough people on to play them. And over 2000 members have join their forum.

Point being is, I've decided just to make it a survival server. ''YouCraft SMP''. Now, I'll add just as much plugins like 'uSkyBlock' because that's survival and only need 1 player to do it. That means we can spend more work on making this server look cool and make it feel like a survival server. We could add plots of some kind, and just make it fun for users to play. Because some people might like raiding and griefing, but more people enjoy working together peacefully.

I knew another server that had 'white list' on and you had to sign up to forums and do this app, I did it of course. That server was protective with griefers and raiders. I say about 20 people daily joined that server and played on it. Would we want to do something like that?. People like to play online with other people and make a house and base etc. It's fun, and we could add mini challenges and all sorts. We could do the exact same as that other server did.

White listed server: http://minesquish.indiesquish.com/
Back to top Go down
https://youcraft.darkbb.com
SimoneGirl92

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 am

Good idea with just the survival. But im totally against the whitelist! Smile
I've never played on a whitelisted server before, because when i search for a server i can't be arsed to wait to get whitelisted. So i think if you want more players, you should make it open for everyone straight away Smile but thats my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 am

I understand, but most people want to join a server, and play with a friend without getting griefer or raided or even killed. We'll see what other people think, then we'll go on from there.

I joined that whitelisted server, and it was so fun, with me and my friend (JCJordan97) was playing on it. It took forever to get whitelisted, but if we ever do that, I won't make it as hard. And when it's whitelisted, more people join, and actually stay.
Back to top Go down
SimoneGirl92

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:42 am

Well, i wouldnt have joined if it was whitelisted, so people like me would find another server :p but maybe thats a good thing! Or.. xD
Back to top Go down
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 am

Maybe we don't have to do the whitelisting thing, but we could still make it a nice, and peaceful server. But that depends. Because I would have to get more plugins for safety etc.. What I'm trying to do is, get more people on the server and get them to stay. When people stay, it makes a great community. Like we can have the same people come on daily and chat, and discuss things. Just making it a friendly server than stupid 9 year-olds coming on, not knowing what to do.
Back to top Go down
SimoneGirl92

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:49 am

Good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am

There is this other server that I go on and they do get around 20-30 people, so they use mini games, but they also have different kinds of survival worlds. For instance, they have a Towny world, Faction word and a normal unprotected world. This could be a good idea because then people can choose the one that they prefer.

But yeah, just mainly focus on building the server and making it look good. We cold, like i said a while ago, download a spawn and take ideas from it or maybe even use it if we cant be bothered Razz
Back to top Go down
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 am

I tried downloading a pre-made building, which I could of turned it into a spawn, didn't work out. I could get some help of some decent builders from planet minecraft or something. I might take that idea of yours (portals to different worlds - Factions, Peaceful etc) But if we're gonna do that, then we'll have to wait until the server updates to 1.7.
Back to top Go down
SimoneGirl92

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Why not make the buildings ourself? Get a few more of the regular players to help?
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 pm

I was thinking since we aren't going to have much mini games, but different survival worlds, that we could think of a completely different way of making a spawn. So instead of having a village as a spawn we could have just 1 big thing that has multiple portals to different worlds, Bit like this one:
I've decided something. <a href=I've decided something. H6fm110" />

Maybe not as detailed and all, but we could go along thoses lines. Also, to reduce lag, can't you make it so its just the spawn in the world and nothing else apart from the void (like skyblock, that sort of thing). If you could, that would be helpful to those who might not have as powerful PC/Laptops
Back to top Go down
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 am

I could possibly make it on a flat world, and then remove a large amount of area with worldedit. But yeah, I like the idea, and that's what I'm trying to go for, but I ain't a great builder xP BUT! I have someone who is good with this kind of thing (JCJordan97) maybe I can get him on to help us.
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 am

Alright cool. There was a server i went on, before I got banned on it for derp mode xD, called Hardcore Minecraft. They had quite a good spawn like that. They has portals to different things and it was just 1 big circular spawn. I don't know it it is like that anymore cus i got banned on it a while ago.

If you want to check it out, ill PM you it. Just to stop advertising Razz
Back to top Go down
Stuwie
Admin
Stuwie

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 am

I'll sure have a look now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've decided something.   I've decided something. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've decided something.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YouCraft SMP :: YouCraft SMP :: YouCraft Discussion-
Jump to: